Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Turn and Burn

Sometimes God speaks so loudly its as if He is yelling at me and here is what I heard

1 Samuel 17:30 (KJV) And he turned from him toward another, and spake after the same manner: and the people answered him again after the former manner.

David had just had an encounter with his brother over Davids anger towards Goliath challenging God's people and his brothers unwillingness to step up and be a man. Eliab berated David calling David selfish and self centered out of Eliabs own conviction.

But what I love is this.

When faced with an angry/convicted brother, David does not hesitate to get back to the real issue – Goliath.

It would have been so easy for David to have gotten his feelings hurt, or lash back, or sulk off and dwell on it the rest of the day, but David knew that the real issue was Goliath.

Here is the question..............
Am I waisting my time thinking on the insignificant in the Kingdom - (Eliab) or am I Kingdom Focused today?

Today I am turning towards another and dealing with whats Most Important.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment