Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Something Big is gonna Fall

This morning I awoke to the stark realization that I still don't get it. Let me explain.

Yesterday in my devotion I read in 1 Samuel 17, the passage describing Davids righteous anger towards Goliath for challenging His God and His confusion towards why the men David looked up to were doing nothing about it.

and these are the stupid questions I asked myself.

Am I as Eliab and Jealous of another mans blessed life? No
Do I feel as if God has rejected me for another mans blessed life as Eliab? No

In all honesty I thought this passage was about me and yet I found no application and then last night I met with David himself. (His real identity is hidden) And David said to me "Is there not a CAUSE?" and my response to him was but we don't want to upset anyone.

DOH

When a man is challenged about His fear, failures, and selfishness it always angers Him.
1 Samuel 17:28 (KJV) And Eliab his eldest brother heard when he spake unto the men; and Eliab's anger was kindled against David, and he said, Why camest thou down hither? and with whom hast thou left those few sheep in the wilderness? I know thy pride, and the naughtiness of thine heart; for thou art come down that thou mightest see the battle.

Eliab’s reaction was to attack another man because of Eliab’s perception that life had cheated Him and David was only making Eliab feel worse. So Eliab chose to cut David down to size by portraying David as Prideful, Arrogant, Unfaithful, and having to always be the center of Attention.

and Davids reply? Is there not a cause?

Yesterdays devotion was not for me to apply to me, but to apply to David.
So David - Go for it
No Excuses
Yes there is a Cause?

Yes the men will react negatively but its only because they know their wrong.
They know their doing nothing for the kingdom. They know their protecting themselves. They know their too afraid to actually live by faith and give even one hour to serve the King.

But if only you step down into that valley with a sling and a stone, newlife is gonna have a Party on Goliaths chest, but know this, your not alone.

I am with You!
There is a Cause!
Lets Roll

1 comment:

  1. Ephesians 5:1-2
    Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

    ReplyDelete