Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pastors and Pain #4

Every Pastor I meet, Loves the church he Pastors.
He lives and breaths church life.
He loves the call of the church to reach the lost.
He loves the cries in the church to heal the hurt.
He loves the Christ of the church to save mankind.

But what no Pastor loves is the Cutting of the Church. As the Bride of Christ, you hit the wife, you hit the husband and where I grew up that could get you punched.

How can I help the Pastor? Fall in Love with the very one Jesus Loves.

Be Supportive of Her. (Hebrews 10:24-25)
Be Sacrificial for Her. (Ephesians 5:25)
Be Submissive to Her. (Ephesians 1:22)

If your struggling with the church, your relationship with Jesus will be bad as well.
You can't love the husband and hate the bride and you can't know the husband and not know the bride.

It breaks my heart to see people who claim to know Jesus cut the church mainly because of what the church has done for them.

#1 It has loved them when they were not lovable.
#2 It has lived for them when they were living for themselves.
#3 It has lifted them up even when they wanted to stay down.

Imperfect as she is, she is still His bride and He loves her and would never talk about her the way some do. One day she will stand before the Lord in All her Glory and will be honored for her love, labor, and life.

This church has changed my life. I love her. I have loved her for years. We have been through a lot together. God has led us on many journeys together and Love will hold us together.

You want to help your Pastor - Love the Bride
                                                  Let Him pursue Jesus
                                                  Lift up his Call

Tomorrow we will talk about new People.

No comments:

Post a Comment