Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Pastors and Pain Part 6

I know, it seems as if we need a lot of help.

Pastors need to pursue Jesus - HELP US
Pastors need to be encouraged in their Call -HELP US
Pastors need you to love the Church-HELP US
Pastors need you to bring people to Church- HELP US

It seems like a lot but its not really, but there is one more way you can help us.

Respect the Pastors Time.
Know this about every Pastor.............

They all have Families
They all are busy in Ministry
They all struggle to shut work off
They all (OK many) are ADD and our brains are always at work.

Meaning the light is ALWAYS on and someone is ALWAYS home.
and we need to shut down, turn off, tune out and were not going to use LSD to do such.

What we need is help and here is how.

#1 Be Responsible - Get in a Life Group
So many believe that the Pastor is the Church and the church is the Pastor meaning that every need they have is to be directed through him. But this is not true. We have specifically designed our life groups to perform much of the work of the ministry.
Discipleship, Benevolence, Visitation, Hospitalization, Prayer is all a function of Life Groups. If you are an Owner of newlife and not a part of a Life Group you will be irresponsible in thinking that the Pastor should perform these functions for you.
Be Responsible, Get in a Life Group

#2 Be Respectful - Of his person
A Pastor should never be viewed as someone who is there at YOUR beckoned call.
He as a human needs his own time. Find out what that time is and respect it.
For me my days off are Fridays, my Jesus days (Prep days) are Saturday and Monday.
I do most of my counseling on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and business work on Thursdays.
Because of a Pastors Heart he will try and answer your phone calls at home, talk to you on his prep days, and give up his days off meaning he needs you help.
Be Respectful - of his person.

#3 Be Relational - Towards him.
Every Pastor is Human and if every TIME he meets you your NEGATIVE it will affect the way he relates to you. If every TIME he meets you your asking for HELP it will affect the way he relates to you. If every TIME he meets you your ENCOURAGING it will effect the way he relates to you.
The time you spend with him greatly impacts the way he views his work with you.
Ask yourself, when I spend time with the Pastor, how does he view me and how can I help him be encouraged by me?
He knows that there are negative times in our lives and he is OK and will do his best to encourage you. But all the time gets discouraging.
He knows that you need help and will sacrifice himself to do such, but all the time, it gets burdensome.
Every good relationship is built upon a balance of life, negative times, needy times, and
needful times (encouragement).
Be Relational -towards Him

this will make his time with you beneficial for both and will help to keep Him in the work of God.

Let Him pursue Jesus
Lift up His Call from Jesus
Love the Church the way Jesus Loves her
Bring People to Church
and Respect his time.

Do these things and you will go along way to being a blessing not only to the Pastor, but to the church.

I love you guys and can't wait for Sunday

1 comment:

  1. 1 Corinthians 16:14

    Let all your things be done with charity.

    ReplyDelete