Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Redeeming the Time

As I am taking some time to clear my head and heart, I read this article about a law firm that offered all of its associates one year off with 1/3rd pay. Now I realize that thier 1/3rd is more than we probubly make in three years but it got me to thinking.

If your company offered you enough to survive for a year, and you were willing to live lighter, what would you do with that year?

Me?

I would sleep long enough to wake up with Debra.

I would stop long enough to hear a conversation without trying to get to the meaning of it.

I would stay long enough to make sure every moment was at its end.

I would stare long enough to see God beyond the beauty of creation.

I would stand long enough to be comfortable where I am.

Ephesians 5:16 tells me to make the best of my time and at my age its its about appreciating moments and that means slowing down.

How about you?

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! and since having Dannielle, I have been trying to enjoy more 'moments' even the screaming ones or the ones where I am up most of the day and night. I LOVE to watch her sleep and when she wakes up in the morning and smiles it is the most rewarding gift from God. I thank him still EVERY SINGLE DAY! I read something on one of my friends blogs that said- "the days are long but the years are short" how true that is! I am trying to slow down, love God more and enjoy my husband and daughter as much as humanly possible. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the time when my company offered a package similar to that, (voluntary seperation package...elimination of my job) I did not have peace that I was done with my ministry there, and still do not...however what I found much more difficult was what would I do with those 8 hours. I am the type of person who has to fill every minute with something...I am not good at just sitting still, shutting my mind off...and being in silence...I have been practicing this week while on vacation, and it is Thursday and honestly other than Monday when we walked 5+miles on the beach and found 21 sand dollars...I have not felt relaxed or have done anything different than if I had put in my 50 hours at work...
    My thought is that I would have some similar answers that you gave Pastor...
    Slow down...way down...
    Be on Ron's sleep schedule
    Listen for God's voice
    Minister to the hurting
    Sing more
    Read more
    Dance more
    Love more
    Enjoy the beautiful area that we live in...biking, walking skipping jumping in puddles...throwing snow balls
    This has gotten me thinking thank you for this post
    Kathy Isom

    ReplyDelete