Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Push is not always a Shove

One of the hardest things as a Leader to do is lovingly motive someone to a deeper more fulfilling relationship with God and others.
This motivation is often viewed as a push and does not make people happy.

But I am not called to coddle or cuddle, I am called to lead.
And leadership dictates at times a push.

A Strong Word
A Confident Call
A Carefilled Correction

Its how Jesus led.
Its how Peter led.
Its how Paul led.

and its how every church ought to want their Pastor to lead.
Its how every wife ought to want her husband to lead.
Its how every child ought to want their fathers to lead.

Without a Pastor pushing forward, a church will often push back and that is when the shoving matches begin.

The Apostle Paul told Timothy...........
1 Timothy 1:18-20 (KJV)
8 This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;
19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:
20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.

and
1 Timothy 6:12 (KJV) Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
Just so you know newLife, a Push is not always a Shove, its often nothing more than an attempt to encourage movement of faith in you and the Church.

Have an Awesome Day


No comments:

Post a Comment