Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Monday, February 20, 2012

The Writings on the Wall

I have to admit, I did not expect to get what we got yesterday.
I know that people are hurting but the numbers shocked me.
and more than that was the evil written on the wall.

Abandonment - Familial and Martial
Abuse - Sexual, Emotional, Physical
Attacks - Rape and Beatings

So many overcome of evil, so many overwhelmed by pain.
It was real, it was raw.

I really don't know what God is trying to do within our body, but I know this........

It will be healing
It will be helpful
It will be Holy

and in the end the writing is on the wall, we will overcome evil with good.

I can't wait for Sunday

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait until the video is posted on here so I can catch up before next Sunday! -Jen S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing on the wall really helped me release all the shame and embarrassment that I had prior to letting the Sharpie go on the walls of the church. Thank you for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been so moved and so grateful to be part of New Life. Each week I feel myself growing in my faith once again. It's been a long time since I could say that. I feel the harm done to me in the name of Jesus slipping away.

    ReplyDelete