Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

F-Bomb One word that will change your life Forever

Since we are beginning the F-Bomb Series on Sunday I thought I might share a posts about the subject to prepare us for what God is going to do.

Today lets keep it simple.
What is Forgiveness.

The Wikipedia definition states that Forgiveness is typically defined as the process of concluding resentment, indignation or anger as a result of a offense, difference or mistake, or ceasing to demand punishment or restitution.

The Oxford English Dictionary defines forgiveness as 'to grant free pardon and to give up all claim on account of an offense or debt'

The Andy Roberts definition isn't much different. Forgiveness is the process of releasing of a debt created by an offence that could never be paid for. This debt release carries with it no form of retribution or punishment but is a free pardon of an offence.

Over the next few days I will share more to deepen our understanding but for today just dwell on that one truth.

Have an awesome day and Happy Birthday DJ I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment