Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Little Devils

Today I want to share a few things that I can see just may hinder growth in our church.

1. Holders. Those who try to control all within their realm instead of giving themselves to the needs of the church.

2. Haters. Those who are judgemental, gossips, complainers who instead of loving their hating.

3. Hiders. Those who don't get involved or maybe surface serve.

4. Handlers. Those who try to have their hands on a little bit of everything. They never really do any one thing well, but many things mediocre.

5. Headers. Always thinking about what we could do, instead of doing what were trying to do.

The truth about all of these types of people is that they are all selfish. They do what is best for themselves and yet they do this under the guise of ministry. The Best Biblical Example I could find was in Judas.

Judas claimed to be a Christian but betrayed Christ.

Judas was a Holder as He chose to take care of the money. (John 12:6) I guarantee you that Judas didn't tithe.
Judas was a Hater as He complained about the woman who poured oil on Jesus. (John 12:5-6)
Judas was a Hider as on the outside He walked with Jesus but the inside did not.
Judas was a Handler as He liked being one of the twelve. (in the know)
Judas was a Header as He never really understood the mission of Christ.

Jesus put it this way..........
John 6:70-71  Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.
Yes its the little devils in the church that will hinder us, but only if we let them.
Jesus promised that the gates of Hell were not going to prevail against the church and with that cry we will fight Judas's the way Jesus did.

Letting them hang themselves. (Matthew 27:5)


No comments:

Post a Comment