Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Organization vs Order Part Two

In order to understand order we must understand that this order is ordered by God. (LOL)
While God is not an organized God He is clearly an ordered God.
Father, Son, and Holy Ghost all are in order.
Birth, Life, and Death all are in order.
Salvation, Sanctification, and Service are all in order.

This is true with the Church as well.
Go, Baptize, Teach (Matthew 28:18-20)
Jesus, Pastors/Teachers, Members (Eph. 5:23, 1 Corinthians 12:29)
This order is clear as we find God continually calling for unity within the church.
(John 17:22, Philippians 2:1-2, Ephesians 4)

The church has a natural, if not Spiritual order to it.
I say all of this for one reason. Whenever an organization is changed, or loosened, it opens itself up to those who would take advantage of it. Those whose hearts are selfish and self centered that only care about using the church to their advantage who by their wolfish ways would create disorder.

Let me give you an example.
We have life groups that allow us to create atmospheres where the natural order of the things of God  can take place. Prayer is more efficient through a group who is more familiar with each other, Encouragement is more readily available through a group that knows each others strengths and weaknesses, and service is easier to manage as a small group of servants who have banded together to share love with others. and one of their greatest strengths is that they are all so very different in their organization but through their order fulfill ministry effectively.

But there are those who want to do their own thing. They care little for order but care much for control. They want things done their way, in their time, at their place because its best for them. Paul called these people wolves as they take advantage of what they see as an opportunity to create disorder. If left to their natural order they will cause chaos rather than glorify Christ.

It is imperative to realize that order is a God thing that allows for forward movement within the confines of Gods plan not mans. It is our desire as a church to explore God's way while being careful to protect the Flock from those who would take advantage.

Tomorrow we will add another piece to this thought.

Have an awesome day in the Lord

1 comment:

  1. What is true in the Natural is true in the spirit! If in the natural we have control, fighting, putting SELF before others we have a spirit life that is NOT rooted in God it is rooted in SELF. We all need to examine what we bring together to the body. What do we magnify to others? If in the natural you show self-control, peace, joy, having the heart of a servant we will give God room to move in a mighty way in and through us. It all begins within. Great post!

    ReplyDelete