Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Letter from Pastor A to newLife

While I would not say that Sunday was Great, it was good.

Its difficult to close out a powerful series by summery because so much has been said, its hard to take it all and bring it into one simple point.
The Message was good, but not Great.

Its hard when so many people are missing for any reason, let alone the flu. But December is that way. People are sick and often tired at this time of the year.
The Attendance was good, but not Great.

Its not easy to consistantly have Powerful Music Services. Sometimes the Music team is off, and other times the congregation is. Because of that we are going to have a few good worship experiances mixed with the Spectacular. This Sunday the Music was good, but not Great.

It was strange to see so many people leave quickly. I know that people are busy and have plans, but sometimes the fellowship is good, but not Great.

Sunday was good, but not Spectacular, and the only problem with that is God is not the God of good, He is Great.

He is Great in Power
He is Great in Presense
He is Great in Purpose
He is Great in Praise
He is Great in PEOPLE

If He is in us then we ought to be GREAT!!!!!!

Its easy to settle for good, when God deserves more. This next Sunday, I know where God is going with the message. It will be Great.

So here is a question to start your week off. What Great thing are you bringing with you next Sunday?

Great Service, Great Sacrifice, Great Spirit, Great Suffering, Great friends, Great hope? I know you may have something that I have not even thought of, Share it, and then Bring it!

1 comment: