Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Monday, May 5, 2014

I've Been to the Mountain Top......and the Valley and I get tired of both

I know its been a while since I have blogged but I have been learning about my faith and was working it out not only to share it, but to live it.

Ministry in all forms, full time/part time/volunteer can take its toll on a life. Its not that serving God is bad, but it can be consuming. Most people start out meaning well but few end well. It is said that most Pastors will not retire from ministry but will quit. I don't think that its only Pastors as I have seen over the last 25 years so many people passionately serve God only to quit because of a multitude of reasons but usually because they are weary.

and I know what the bible says.........Galatians 6:9-10 (ESV) 9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.  10 So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

This verse was used quite extensively in my spiritually formative years but as many other things I learned from the bible this passage too can be easily manipulated to guilt people into serving rather than encourage them in their service.

I say all of this to bring you into something that I have been learning and want to share with you.

Successful ministry is not found in the busyness of the work, nor is it found in the size of the work. Successful ministry is found in the faithfulness of the worker. and I am not talking about OUR faithfulness through weariness as some might say the above passage speaks of. But the Fullness of our Faith as we perform the work and the impact that this faith makes on those around us.

So over the next few days I will be sharing  some of the things I am learning on this subject to hopefully encourage you in your walk with Jesus to success.

So if you would, please begin by reading John 15:1-7 and tomorrow we will take a step deeper into the word.


No comments:

Post a Comment