Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Little Queen Never Hurts

When I was in High School (yes they had them back then) a song came out that energized our football team. Queens "We are the Champions" motivated us to win many victories that year. In the state rankings our football team ended up being the 4th best in the state, our basketball team 2nd losing a close one, and our baseball team 4th as well. While we were not champions as in we won it all, we felt like we were. To us we had done well and Were the Real Champions of the WORLD!

I havent experienced that confidence in a long time. Not that I felt like a loser, no no but to be in a group of people who really believe in themselves has been a rare experience.

and yet last night at life group I heard that song again in my head as they began to talk about what was going on in their lives.

One was conquering her job
One was conquering her fears
One was conquering his bitterness
One was conquering her pain

One after one after one talked not about what was wrong with their lives but what was right and how God had given them such amazing victories in their personal lives.

We are the Champions my Friend

The bible tells us in Romans 8:37 (ESV) No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

And well keep on fighting till the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment