Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Always fill a Harley with Premium and Hondas with Regular

I have to admit, I am struggling this morning with what to say. and what is funny about this is that I wanted to share with you what God has been speaking into my life about having a successful ministry.

Why am I struggling? Because I spent most of the last two days pouring myself out and I got too busy to fill myself up.

You see the way that Jesus lived His life was in the rhythm of filling and pouring.
in fact in John 15 Jesus says this.

John 15:5 (ESV) I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
Jesus taught that the power to pour out for others, comes from an intimate relationship of filling (abiding) in God.

The message bible puts this relationship in clear perspective as Jesus spoke this truth.
Matthew 11:27 “The Father has given me all these things to do and say. This is a unique Father-Son operation, coming out of Father and Son intimacies and knowledge

What Jesus poured out did not come from His own efforts or energies,  but the words and works that bear fruit with little effort came from His connection to our heavenly father.

So this morning rather than pour anything out that might be considered to be sour grapes, I am going to get connected to my Heavenly Father and fill up with Him.

My Suggestion for you, do the same today.

Have an Awesome day

No comments:

Post a Comment