Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

As the Song Goes, If your happy and you know it clap your hands.....Clap Clap or Clump Clump

I know its taken a long time to get to the Point and we are almost there, but we do know.....

Its easy to let life wear you out, especially if you add ministry work to it.
Its common to live life on a quarter tank constantly living on the edge and fearing failure.
and not all draining is bad as it does get us down to a clean start.

But Jesus said that He came to give a Life where burdens are easy and light. A life that is Abundant. A Life that is full.

And Jesus lived that life. But How?
How did Jesus do so much with so little? How did Jesus change the world with what He had to work with. How did He not only survive but thrive?

Simple. Jesus life was more like a rhythm of Filling and Pouring.

Time and time again the bible tells us that Jesus would withdraw from the crowds and go and pray alone in a quiet place. There, Jesus would share His heart with His father, meditate on the scripture, listen to His fathers voice, then obey His fathers word.

Whether Jesus was a young man or a famous preacher he lived His life in a rhythm of the Filling of Himself inside before He Poured Himself out.

Next week we will look at the basis of scripture to support this truth but first lets stop for a moment because I want you to ask yourself some questions.

Am I Living My life Abundantly? Or am I always on the edge of running out of gas?
Do I find myself tired often not just because of work but of worry?
Is my life easy and light, or heavy and burdensome.
Am I happy?

Next week I promise we will discuss how to fill and pour Jesus way, but right now lets pray

No comments:

Post a Comment