Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Why I Changed

This past Sunday reminded me of why I am not the person I used to be.
Because I don't like mean angry Christians.
we are happy and they assume we are Pentecostal.
we celebrate and  they believe we are fake.
Because we don't dress up (like them) and we honor Him less.

In their eyes they are the True believers, we are less worthy because we won't follow them.
In their eyes their beliefs are the right beliefs meaning they are better.
In their eyes they are the Defenders of the faith called by God to correct OUR errors..
This you see in there witnessing and their writings and the ease in which they will separate themselves from you to keep themselves clean.

I see it as arrogance in ignorance and I don't like them and didn't want to be one so I left them.
Not to stay clean but because I don't want to be mean.


3 comments:

  1. I was thinking this morning, (just about the time you were posting this,) that we had to go through the legalistic, unhappy, depressed and angry Christian days, just to fully appreciate the freedom to love as Christ loved. The freedom to not judge others just because they don’t know better or how they look. The freedom to worship God in the manner we are led to by the Holy Spirit.
    I am excited to see who comes through our doors, new friends, old friends or people who need Christ. I am excited to see where the worship service will lead us, excited to hear what message God has given us through you. Excited to see what the week will bring, knowing that even if its not what we expected or hoped for, God is still with us, loves us, and will fight for us.

    I am free! I am excited!
    I love my Life, I love my Church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fits me perfectly. It's my prayer
    ‎"The Lord is going to absolutely love getting to grips with your negativity. You need to love it too. That thing has hounded you for so long! It's held you back, held you down and it's time to get some revenge! God is going to get to grips with who you're not in order to establish who you really are." G. Cooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. growing up a hippy child in clatsop co was hard. i grue up loving jesus loving others and could see the diferance that made in the relationships in my life.its great to be a part of a comunity that loves with the love of jesus.not all hippies were serching for freedom to do drugs most were sercing for the freedom to love and be loved.unfotunitly thay found that freedom outside a church and were prayed on by wolves.if we love our children and others freely thay wont have to serch elsware for the love that fits.we can teach them where the love originates from and how to honer the one who saved us in love.i so love the freedom to love God Jesus and all of You.

    ReplyDelete