Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Grinch Christians?

As I was studying this morning I began to get a vision of people that I have known throughout my years in Ministry and I got stuck on one type of Christian.
The Grumpy one.

They never really smile as there's not much happiness in them.
They have strong beliefs about the bible but little faith that brings joy.
They struggle to get close to people and tend to lean towards judgementalism.
They know their bible, and why we use one, but they don't know God or others.

They fit well in the kind of church we used to be, cold and controlled.
But they fight to fit in here where Loving God and Others is celebrated.

and they make me sad.
So today I will be praying for you grumpy Christian to come to know the God to whom you claim. And by knowing Him begin to bear the Fruit of the Spirit to which #2 is Joy.

Philippians 1:25 And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;



No comments:

Post a Comment