Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Can you say "Intercessor?"

The next passage in Matthew 14 we want to explore really helped me through a very difficult time in my life.
If Jesus wants to develop us as disciples, even dispersing a crowd to focus on the faithful, this next point is imperative for our survival.

Jesus Prayed

Matthew 14:23  And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.

Jesus knew the value of Prayer And so He did a couple of things that need to  be noted.

1. He sought Silence Cutting off all the noise.
Two things here that are very noisy.
     a. The noise of the Multitudes. The things or people who are constantly seeking to suck the life out of us.
     b. The noise of the City. The bible says He went to the mountains to get away from the normality of life.

2. In the Mountain He found solace. (when evening was come, he was there alone)
Just Jesus and God.

No kids, no music, no TV, no cell reception, no nothing, except for God

(If Jesus needed to disperse the crowd and find solace to pray, how much more vital is it for us as mere human beings?)

and what was He praying for?
The disciples.
Its part of His DNA.
As the son of God He loves us and wants us to succeed on our Journey, even if that Journey is a perilous one.
I don't know what your going through right now, but I do know this, if your a disciple, and He has put you in a boat He is praying for your success.

Jesus never sends us on a Journey without personally getting involved in communicating with God about us and for us.

I like how He prays for His disciples right before He leaves the earth. This might give you clearer insight.

John 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

This was prayed to God, right after Jesus told the Disciples this.
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Let me summarize it this way.
In the world, as Disciples of mine, there will be difficult journeys that will draw them closer to me. Father, don't take the difficulties away, but keep them from sinning when they are fearful. Why, Because I am with them, and I (Jesus) can save them. (overcome the world)

Today, I don't know if He is going to encourage me to get into the boat for another journey or if He is going to encourage me to encourage another who is on a Journey, but I know this.

He will be Praying for His disciples
And so am I.

Join me today in praying for someone who is headed out to sea to draw closer to Him.
They will need the support.


No comments:

Post a Comment