Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Crowds Suck

In our passage today, Jesus had just performed an amazing miracle by feeding several thousand with five loaves of bread and two fishes. So amazing was it that people saw in Jesus someone who would be a physical provider for them. Think about it, with Jesus around you would never have to work, you would never run out, not even of wine, and you would always have what ever you wanted.
And People flocked to Jesus to be that provider.
But Jesus did something even more amazing.

Matthew 14:22 And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away.
Yea, He sent them away.

Why is this important? Because its important to note that Jesus has no interest in a crowd. A crowd is nothing more than a group of people gathered for thier benefit where a church is a group of people gathered together for others benefit.
and too many people think that a crowd is what God is looking for. They believe that because people are gathered together in His name that it must be of God, but like many today, they are only gathered together for what Jesus can give them.

They come to Jesus for physical provision
They come to Jesus for financial provision
They come to Jesus for emotional provision (Many who worship Him in Churches do so out of a personal emotional benefit)

and when Jesus doesn't provide those things they leave Him in a heart beat.

Its not that Jesus isn't interested in numbers, but He is seeking those numbers who want to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. (John 4:23-24)

Truth is, Jesus isn't interested in Crowds. Crowds suck the life out of Him as they do the church.

So here is my question.
Are you a Christian (a disciple) or part of the Crowd?
How do you know?
Ask yourself these questions.

#1 Why do I follow Jesus?
Am I willing to follow Him if it costs me physically, financially, and even emotionally or do I follow what is popular, what is easy, what everyone else is following?

#2 Do I Give or do I Take?
When it comes to Christianity am I really willing to give my life to His cause or am I always seeking how I can benefit from the cause?

#3 Do I question God's provision?
Is having Jesus enough for me?

Historically, its not been the crowd who has changed the world but those few disciples who were willing to live and give their whole lives to reach the world, even at the cost of thier own.

Are You?

No comments:

Post a Comment