Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Staff Questions


Last night I met with the ministry leaders of newLife and I shared with them a simple truth that I thought was important enough to share with you as well. Here it goes.

The truth that we want to recognize is that if the Church is the Bride of Christ than it is valuable to God. The Church was purchased by His Sacrifice, established by His Providence, empowered by His Holy Spirit and pursued Passionately through His Love.

Than it ought to be valuable to those who follow Him.
and as God gave His all for the Church (Eph. 5:25) so should we.

The Calling the church has is to reach the world with the Good News of Jesus and there is way more at stake with that calling than any business on the planet.

Looking then at the secular world, the church ought to be doing things better than the world. better than Apple, better than Disney, better than anyone.

When it came to saving mankind God did not go and get the lowliest of Angels to die for mankind, He came, He suffered, He paid for our sins.

He gave His BEST for the BEST and His followers should do the same.

Which is why God says that an Obedient Christian is one who serves Him with ALL your heart, and ALL your soul.
Deuteronomy 11:13-17 (KJV) 13 And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,
14 That I will give you the rain of your land in his due season, the first rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil.
15 And I will send grass in thy fields for thy cattle, that thou mayest eat and be full.
16 Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;
17 And then the LORD'S wrath be kindled against you, and he shut up the heaven, that there be no rain, and that the land yield not her fruit; and lest ye perish quickly from off the good land which the LORD giveth you.
Joshua 22:4-5 (KJV) 4 And now the LORD your God hath given rest unto your brethren, as he promised them: therefore now return ye, and get you unto your tents, and unto the land of your possession, which Moses the servant of the LORD gave you on the other side Jordan.
5 But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the LORD charged you, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him,
and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.
Which is why God says that an Honest Christian serves Him with ALL your heart, considering all of the GREAT things He has done for YOU. And to not serve Him with ALL your Heart would be SIN.
1 Samuel 12:24-25 (KJV) 24 Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.
25 But if ye shall still do wickedly, ye shall be consumed, both ye and your king.
Again God says that the Christian that does not give ALL their Heart to Him cannot find Him. (this is for those who claim to know God but give halfhearted offerings of their time, talents and tip instead of tithe.
Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV) 13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
And for those who use the excuse that they are tired because they worshipped their secular jobs, Jesus said the first commandment was to Love God with ALL your heart, Soul, Mind, and STRENGTH.
Mark 12:29-31 (KJV) 29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Here is my Question for us:

Did you give your best to the Church on Sunday?
Did the Greeters give ALL their Best or did you show up whenever?
Did the Music ministry give ALL their Best or did you slide by?
The one Ministry that I know that gave their best was our Children's Ministry!
They set the example for us as they are well prepared, they are wildly passionate, and they are wonderfully producing the BEST Children's ministry in Astoria.

When you come, does the Church get your BEST, your ALL or do they get what is left?
Just a side note, Apple and Disney expect their employees to give their all to the success of the company, what do you think God expects of us since He gave nothing less to us?

No comments:

Post a Comment