Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Who needs a Dark Knight when the King of Light is Available

I don't think that there is anything more exciting than this thought.
When in their most desperate time, Jesus came to the Disciples

Matthew 14:25 (KJV)  And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
And there are a few things that I want to share with you to encourage you when your scared, tired, and nothing is going your way.

1. When Jesus comes it may seem late to You, but it's never never.
We like to think of Jesus as the savior that never has to save us. As Christians we believe that because of His love he would never put us in a dangerous situation. (the boat). We believe that if He sees impending danger he would stop it before it gets to us and if the rowing gets hard, He'll row for us. But that's not His place.

Jesus comes when we really need Him (Col 2:13)
Jesus comes when we really seek Him (Duet 4:29)

But He always comes to us when its necessary.

2. When Jesus Comes He comes for YOU.
The bible says "Jesus went unto them"
He came for the purpose of being with His disciples. He sent them out on a difficult journey, prayed for them, and then wanted to be with them through this troubling time.
Why? because He loves us. Love is not always keeping you from trouble, but being there with you when your going through it. The best friends I have know that my deepest needs are not met by their bailing me out, but being with me when I am imprisoned.


3. Jesus never comes to us the way we think.
Think about this, Jesus came to them walking on the water.
I didn't see that coming and neither did the disciples but this is always true about Him.
The bible says Jesus is going to come in the clouds one day to save us-Miracle!
and then it says that we will meet Him in the Air-Miracle!

Hey the Jews thought Jesus was going to come to earth as a King, and struggled to accept Him coming as a child, born of a virgin, in a barn. When Jesus touches earth its always a miracle.

Who needs the government to save me when I have a Savior named Jesus?
Who needs parents to save you when we have a Savior named Jesus?
Who needs the lottery to save you when you have a Savior named Jesus?

The King of Light is Available to you tonight, Shine your signal light and He will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment