Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

What will it take?

While you would think that being in a storm just having Jesus show up would be enough. Jesus is there, were all saved, Awesome. But this story doesn't end there as if often doesn't in our own lives. Today I want to share a couple of truths that we might want to explore in our own lives.

#1 Peter Pushes it
Matthew 14:28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.

When the disciples found out that it was Jesus and HE was there to save them, that should have been all they needed right? But not for Peter. He wanted Jesus to prove Himself to him.
and there are three ways Peter pushed Jesus.

He questioned the Face of Jesus. (It is I vs 27)
He questioned the Faith of Jesus. (Be of good cheer vs 27)
He questioned the Fact of Jesus. (If it be thou vs 28)

and we do this ourselves.
Its not enough that Jesus saved us, we constantly push Him by questioning Him with questions like......
       Who is Jesus really? Can He save me, Can He heal, can He stop the storm?
       Where is Jesus really? Be of good Cheer? doesn't He see where I am?
       What is Jesus saying Really? If its you, do this. (we say to our Lord)

But our pushing the truth of Jesus isn't the worst part, this is

#2 Jesus will Accept your Challenge
Matthew 14:29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
If there is one thing you must understand about Jesus.
     He is not afraid to do something Miraculous
     He is not afraid to Prove His Name
     He is not afraid to Show you how Awesome He is

The question is, do you really want to get out of a perfectly good boat?
     One that Jesus already put you in?
     One that Jesus already prayed for?
     One that Jesus already came to save?

Just to prove to yourself that Jesus is who He says He is?

Let me ask you this, Where are you questioning Jesus right now and are you willing to sink just to prove to yourself what you already know?


No comments:

Post a Comment