Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Only the Presense of God will Save these people

I wonder if its natural for us to feel sympathy without being seriously affected.

This is Syunsuke Doi, left, who was caught on camera this past Monday falling apart right after finding the bodies of his wife and two children at a makeshift morgue built after last week’s earthquake and tsunami in Higashimatsushima.

I could not imagine this and so I can feel sorry for him, yet insulate myself by being glad its him and not me.

And this makes me wonder, how does God feel right now about what is going on in Japan?

Does he feel sympathy and then go on with his day? Or does this wreck Him?

What pain must the Holy Spirit feel as he tries to draw men and women and children to the truth of Jesus Christ.

and what hurt Jesus must feel as thousands of people, in one moment, entered into hell.

Why is this important? Because if it wrecks God, it ought to wreck us.
If the Savior of God, and the Spirit of God, and God Himself are greatly affected by this, why aren't we?

Is it because our comfort is not affected?
Is it because our hearts are jaded? (I was raised to despise the Japanese people because of WWII)

This morning, I feel a little hypocritical at my lack of action.
Japan has always been a closed nation to Jesus, this I promise will open it up.

Would you join me for the next three days and pray for the people of Japan and those brave missionaries who will suffer for the sake of the souls of men?

I truly believe that the presence of God is their greatest need. Lets Pray

Hebrews 12:28 (KJV)  Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved (Shaken), let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

No comments:

Post a Comment