Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy Angels make Happy Christians

To say our church is different than it was, would be an understatement.
Though our new members may not understand it, we are different than we were.

What changed? The way we view and do ministry. Loving God and Loving others. While our doctrine is the same, our devotion to the way we reach people is different.

But not everyone is happy with change.
Today, just as in Luke chapter 7, there are people, people like John the Baptist, who are wondering if we are Authentic. John put his life into the work of God and was worried that Jesus wasn't the real deal. He was worried that all that He had fought for would be lost if Jesus wasn't who He said He was.

and so to settle Johns heart, Jesus then told Johns disciples this.......

Luke 7:22 (KJV) Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.
Jesus wanted John to know what made His ministry Authentic.
The Blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and to the poor, they have heard the gospel.

Since November of last year we have seen just that.
16 people have trusted Christ as their Savior.
15 people have shared their faith through Baptism.
19 people have joined the church.

5 people are waiting to be Baptised.
11 people are preparing to join the church.

Some were blind to the truth of Jesus, Some were crippled by life, some were deaf until God opened their ears, all were dead to Christ until they were born again, some were rejected (poor) of men but accepted by Christ and His church.

So if people are wondering if we are authentic, just tell them what God is doing.
and according to Jesus in Luke 7:23, they ought to rejoice with us instead of being offended by us.


No comments:

Post a Comment