Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Only a Crazy Person would Enjoy Prison

Early in my pastoral ministry I received a phone call from a young lady who had just been beaten up by her husband. On the phone her voice sounded so pained and her heart as broken as her body. The police were called, he was taken to jail, and so I went to see what else I could do. After a week of helping her get established in a safer environment, He was released and allowed to come home. And she let him.

This was not the first time he had done this, but sadly enough, it was not hers either.
Though she was scared to death all the time, she felt strangely safer with him there.
After speaking to police officers I learned that this was normal behavior for abuse victims. At first I thought they were wrong but I have since learned they were right.
There is something strange about people who live out of control lives that lead them to feel safer in out of control situations. Its a form of mental bondage.

I am seeing this in the spiritual realm within our church. Many of you have made amazing Spiritual decisions. You've trusted Christ as your Savior, you've gotten baptized and joined the church even starting to minister to others in service. But the bondage of your past is beginning to grab a hold of you and pull you back. Your in Spiritual Bondage.

God wants so desperately to free you, yet your discomfort in freedom is drawing you back into bondage.

This next Sunday will be the biggest day of your life.
You will either be free from the pain of your past, or be pulled right back into living with it again.

Listen to the promise of Jesus and get ready for an amazing Sunday

John 8:36 (KJV)  If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment