Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ten things to watch for as a Church Grows

Whenever a church grows Satan takes notice and begins to work in the hearts of the members.
Here are some things to watch for in you.

1) "Hurt" Feelings. Some one hurt my feelings!!!!
2) "Self" Examination. Noticing what others are not doing. (this goes with how much you are)
3) "Nit" Picking. Good thing you were there to pick that nit! No one else saw it and you know how dangerous nits can be.
4) "Sibling" Rivalry. As in the Pastor used to pay me so much more attention but now he only talks to the new families.
5) "Miss" Fitting. I just don't think I fit here anymore. Only because you don't feel so special.
6) "Fine" Dining. Too much Whine makes anyone stupid.
7) "Lazy" Days. Now that there are others to do my work, I can take a break, miss some services, take care of me for once. Jesus loves to hear this one.
8) "Crazy" Days. I am going to self implode so that I get some attention from the church people. Great Plan for the abundant life!
9) "Hazy" Daze. Sorry about the theme going on at the end but I haven't read my bible yet nor have I prayed. Why should I God is blessing no matter what.
10) "The Big Jerk". Someone, Somewhere is going to get angry at the Pastor. Its all His fault that you didn't listen to the messages. Its His fault that you didn't sacrifice for the church. Its His fault that you didn't grow. Its all His fault that Egypt is in turmoil and that cancer is spreading. I want a better Pastor.

It happens every time, Just don't let it happen to YOU as Satan is looking for the weak sheep to work through.

1 Peter 5:8-9 (KJV) 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment