Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Fountain of Youth

This Sunday after services I got to speak to an amazing young lady in our church. She is beautiful, articulate, smart, funny, simply put, amazing.

She is our Future.

One day she will teach children about Jesus.
One day she will encourage a soul that's been wounded by abuse.
One day she will share her testimony of her love of Jesus.
One day she will help people know Jesus Christ.

But for her, One Day, seems a long way off.

Today, she struggles with whether she is pretty enough.
She worries about her future.
She wonders who will love her for her.
She wants to feel valued.

Wouldn't it be a shame to lose her to the world because that's where she found love?

That's where we come in.
As adults it is our responsibility that the children in this church see, feel, and know love. Through the messages, through the music, and through our home meetings.

They are our future, we must invest love in them today, and it will pay dividends of love later.

While not all of them will continue in the faith, lets not lose them because we did not put effort into their lives.

Psalm 127:3 (KJV) Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment