Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Frankly my Dear, I don't give a .......................!

Have you ever noticed how when something like Snow comes along there is anticipation and celebration.
We Anticipate its coming.
We Anticipate not having to go to school or work.
We Anticipate driving down the road in it
We Anticipate making a Snow man, Snow Angel, or having a Snow Ball Fight.

and when we see it, we celebrate its Beauty.

But have you also noticed that after a while, we anticipate its leaving and celebrate when it does. My Snow Joy only lasts a few days and then I am ready for dry roads, warm sun, and things to be normal, wet.

Is your faith that way?
We anticipate what God is doing in our lives and the lives of others, and even celebrate them when they come.
Answered Prayer
Souls Saved.
Lives Changed.

But after a few days, we just want it to go away.
What was wonderful becomes too much work
What was beautiful becomes burdensome.
What was exciting becomes exhausting.
and we just want it to go away.

And while I know that your not thinking that really, but deep down, it can be seen.
In our struggle over time to serve God verses ourselves
In the strife caused between Christians
In our lack of sacrifice as a need is presented
In the Suffering we must endure to reach a lost world for Jesus.

Every once in a while, I need to be reminded of why I do what I do for the Kingdom of God and here is it, I hope its encouraging.

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
All that we do for God, results in Scarlet Sins being made White as Snow.

Lets never get weary of the SNOW.

Its Snowing, lets give a ....................well you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment