Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Letter from Pastor A to newLife

Years ago, I was challenged by God to examine our church.
This challenge came through a person who called us out on our love.
We at that time had a theme we were advertising. and that theme was that we were a church who loved people.
And while I believe that there were some in the church that did, for the most part, not so much.
We were taught to love with limits.
Love those who attend church, condemn those who don't.
Love those who attend our church, separate from those who don't.
Love those who attend faithfully to everything our church does, judge those who don't.

(Yes I said it, if anything I prefer honesty to hypocrisy)

I felt as if much of Christianity was filled with false prophets. or prophesiers.
Cause it wasn't just our church that was this way, but most Christians I had ever known were this way.

and this passage of Scripture kept coming to mind.

Matthew 7:15-28

and this part of the passage kept resonating in my heart and mind.

.....You shall know them by their fruits.

hence the road to change started with a desire to have our Christianity bear the right kind of fruit.

that fruit being love.

and I said all of that to say this.

This Saturday I witnessed the greatest outpouring of love I have ever seen in our church.

No one felt condemned, no one felt less of themselves, no one felt judged.
People came and felt love.
Not just our love, but His Love.

and in one day, we shared the true Gospel of love with our community.
Thank you for Loving God, as you loved others.

I believe we are well on our way to becoming the right Kind of church!

No comments:

Post a Comment