Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

There is much to learn

 This morning I want to simply share some open thoughts I have had. There are no promises that they will make sense but only that they are on my heart this morning. Do what you want with them.

I have come to know two types of Christians.
Those who seek information and those that seek inspiration.

Those who seek information can easily find it today. From the Internet to the television we can get informed from around the world from some of the best teachers available. This is especially true when it comes to bible teachings.
I know this in my own life as I am a voracious reader and a connoisseur of fine sermons and yet in the end knowledge does little more than puff up or fills us with air (1 Cor 8:1). Paul himself even said that in the end, men would be seeking teachers wanting much teaching yet struggling with standing on truth (2 Tim 4:3). 

Jesus concern when He returned was this? Not would there be a people who are informed about me but would there be anyone who had faith (Luke 18:8)? Faith does not come from information but Inspiration. When that which we know is not just truth, but true. So true that we would be living it.

Inspiration was the platform whereby Jesus lived.
His lessons were not truths read from a book or thoughts taken from a sermon, but were truths and thoughts that inspired Him by life.
Much of Jesus teachings came from things He had seen, stories He had experienced and people that He had known. His information came from things that inspired Him. This takes time, experience, silence, and processing thoughts.

Most Christians are informed, few inspired. The inspired seek faith, the informed facts. And only one of those pleases God.

Today I seek to be inspired.
Today I want to learn from you as I live with you.
Today I want to take what I know and inspire you by it as you inspire me.

There is much to learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment