Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Jesus is ENOUGH

I am amazed at the pain people feel.
Pain because life is just too hard.
Pain because life is too short.
Pain because life is too painful.

Even followers of Jesus.

We suffer even though we have a Savior.
We struggle even though we are Saved.

and it brings me to this thought, What are we (as a Church) doing wrong that Jesus isn't enough?
Enough to Go On.
Enough to Get Up.
Enough to Heal.

and I can only come up with a few things.


#1 We don't Celebrate Victory Enough.
Its as if we are so focused on the bad we don't rejoice in the good.
Think about your prayer requests and how many of them are filled with pain and not praise.
Even the churches in Acts rejoiced to suffer shame in His Name.
This is why every time someone gets saved I want to rejoice.
and every time someone shares their faith through Baptism I want to rejoice .
and every time someone repents of sin I want to rejoice.
and every time someone learns of God's love I want to rejoice.

Because every time something amazing happens it offsets all of the Bad.
2 Corinthians 4:14-18

(by the way this Sunday an amazing Lady is going to get Baptized in the River!!!)

#2 We worry more about Money than Men.
I realize that money is important to people but it seems as if today its the only thing.
Being Financially focused is to not be Faith Focused.

I love the passage where Peter says to the Lord, We need to pay our Taxes and Jesus tells Him to go Fishing and the first fish Peter catches will have money in its mouth. He did and it did and they did.

God has promised to provide the finances if we provide the faith but its often our financial situation that dictates our faith rather than the other way around.

It might be that when your low on funds that God is calling you to slim down, separate from things, seek Him, or see Him.

But people need to see our Praise by faith not our Panic in fear when it comes to our finances.

Matthew Chapter 6

#3 We don't focus enough on Relationship instead of Religion.
Jesus said that when we are struggling to rest in Him.
Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.


He wants us to be closer to Him.
He wants us to know Him.
He wants us to feel Him.
and I hate to say it but Pain is often the driver of that.
and being religious won't do it.
we must want to speak to Him. (In Real Honest Prayer)
we must want to hear from Him. (By Reading your Bible)
we must want to experience Him. (By obeying His word by living His way)

Its not enough to act as if we have a relationship, rest only comes from having one.

As a Church if we are going to share with the world that Jesus is enough it must start with Praising Him, Seeking Him, and Knowing Him because He is Enough to give them and us Healing.

3 comments:

  1. Last night during your sermon I was thinking about giants in my life... and I decided that just because my Dad wasn't the spiritual leader in my house growing up doesn't mean that he can never be... Every Sunday I am disappointed when he doesn't show up, I thought that leading him to Christ was my giant but it isn't I gave it to God and I won't feel guilty anymore about him I will pray and ask God to speak into his life but I have told my Dad my story of freedom and now it is his choice to let Him in or to shut Him out... I am celebrating Jesus today for being my Savior, For Bringing me out of the darkness that was my childhood... And for LOVING me unconditionally no matter how many times I fail...
    I Love My Jesus, I Love My Church and I LOVE MY LIFE :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me just say first, loved the seating in the auditorium last night, loved the message. My heart was very touched. I am going to miss the kids terribly when I step out of Sunday Scool but after last night I think Im ready to saturate some live messages.. as with any message I feel I walk away either refreshed, encouraged, or convicted, as Janae said above I love my Jesus, I love my life, I love my church and I love that God allows me to serve him in such an awesome way. SJ

    ReplyDelete