Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Monday, January 9, 2012

I'm Not a Sixteen Year Old Girl

Growing up on a farm my main job was to feed the calves milk. Everyday I would get up and make sure they were fed. But never did I think that there wasn't going to be a time when the calf would feed itself. What started with a bottle would soon become a bucket and then a trough and then a field. It was never believed that the calf could survive on a milk but at some point would be mature enough to care for itself.

Jesus came to earth for one primary purpose. To give us newLife.
In fact in Luke 5:27-32 Jesus rewords His mission so that we might understand it.

Luke 5:31-32  And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Jesus came so that sinners like us could have new life through our repentance and His forgiveness. And its this experience that changes our lives.

Every once in a while I have to be reminded of this truth as its so easy to get sidetracked in ministry. We are not called to minister to the righteous but to those who are lost and in need of forgiveness.

Yet much ministry is designed more for babysitting the Christian than bringing the lost to forgiveness through Christ. And I am not a sixteen year old girl.

And so don't be upset when we don't chase you, pacify you, burp you, or change your diapers when you've made a mess of your life. We will Love you but if you've been in church for more than a year grow up. It ain't about You its about those who don't know Him.

1 Corinthians 3:1-3 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Sorry for the attitude. Just excited about those who don't know Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment