Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

As Sands through the Hour Glass, so are the days of our lives

As a child I heard that statement every afternoon. I never watched the show but my mom must have.
While its an interesting statement, it wouldn't work for today's television.
If that statement was made today, it would be a reality TV show where they break the Glass and throw the sand at each other with the hope of destroying each others lives.

I don't know why we are so bent on hurting one another. It makes little sense because our time is so fragile.

David said this.............
Psalm 39:4 LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am.
The Psalmist noted something most of us miss.
Not just the brevity of time, but how fragile that time is.
      Moments of Joy can strengthen a life.
      Moments of Pain can destroy.

David is simply asking God to help him appreciate his time on earth. To help him understand how to live it with less pain and more joy.

Isn't that true for all of us?
I know how frail I am when attacked, rejected, or beat down.
I  also know how much damage I can do to another's life by my weakness in attacking them.
Its truly a waste of time that becomes something I want to forget.

While we may not be able to do much about how others break down our time, maybe today we could examine the way we respond to others.
Rather than abusing their time with critical or cutting words, we could seek to build them up.

Paul wrote it this way....
Romans 14:19  Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
What a better use of our time and a greater way to live our days.

No comments:

Post a Comment