Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

No rest for the Wicked, is true, but there is hope!

If there is one truth about conferences, it is this, They are not for Rest.
Because to be a part of a conference, you have to get there.

The Travel is stressful.
The Time is wasteful.
The Meals are horrible.

and then at the conference they leave you with more questions than answers.
Rest?

But I guess that's why they called it Re-Awaken.
The goal of this conference was to wake you up to what wears you out to keep you from wimping out.

And it did, and I'm Glad.
and Today I ask for your Prayers.

I have so much to work on in my life Physically, Emotionally, Relationally, and Spiritually to be the Pastor newLife needs for the future. And, for the first time in years I have hope that I can not only survive but thrive in ministry.

newLife is becoming a great church and I am excited to be a part of it and hope, that the work that God is doing in my life will help Debra and I to FINISH WELL.

But before I begin, I am going to rest from the travel, so I can work on the truth.
Thank you newLife for caring for me enough to allow me to do so.

I love my LIFE

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back, I trust you the conference was successful and that your time with Michael and Jayme was just what you and DJ needed. Both services ROCKED!!! And our home group was exhausting but SO worth it we had 7 new comers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you are back Pastor!! We missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pastor it was so great to see you home and excited, I can only think you are well on your way with leading this church the way God intended, it is so thrilling to see whats in store for all of us at NewLife. Even though there may be some hills to climb there is nothing that cant be done with God leading the way, Im so happy that Deje is excited as well, hope you all had a wonderful time. And yes Lifegroup was amazing. We had 3 new comers, Kim, Candy, and Dawn, what a blessing. Glad your home. Now lets get busy:)

    ReplyDelete