Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

New Psalms

Jonah 2:3 (KJV) For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me.
In the deep places of the heart, where depression lay as the floods of fear overwhelm, I found a few songs that spoke to me. New Psalms that spoke to me in my loneliness from men who I did not know, but knew what I was going through. I want to share a few of them with you today.

#1 Revelation by Third Day - Listen to the words, they were mine. #1 in my Playlist by far. I wanted God to help me, save me, show me, free me.

#2 Born Again by the Newsboys - This is what I wanted. This is the Life I desired in Christ. Not the religion I had been taught from a child, but a relationship with the one with two scarred hands. I claimed this whenever I felt is was slipping back or when someone tried to move me there.

#3 Mountain of God by Third Day - You were there with me. Do I need to say anything more?

#4 Rescue by Desperation Band - I need you Jesus to come to my Rescue. I still cannot listen to this song without weeping in that Jesus came to me and saved me from the deep.

#5 Never Alone by Barlow Girls (Acoustic Version) - This was my Anthem for a while. My Prayer. I Screamed it. Held onto it as there were many days when I felt so alone, but I held tight to what I knew, Your here and Never Alone.

#6 Love is here by Tenth Avenue North. From His Wounds we drink Salvation, He is the Lord, Love is here, Love is now. WOW

None of these are songs of Worship. They are songs of the Wounded. Songs that spoke for me when I could not speak. Songs of hope, when I had none. Songs that kept me going when I wanted to quit.

Maybe they'll help You.

Have an Awesome Day. Love is Here. Thank you Jesus

4 comments:

  1. great break through! truth is every thing.

    For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
    Romans 1:17

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rescue has always been a personal song that always speaks to my heart, not thats its a worship song as it is getting your mind focused on where and who to turn to in those moments of deseperation and need to be reminded who's in control, the words are very uplifting and very personal to my own heart. Seems to be the song for me for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE "Rescue" and "Never Alone" some of my very favorites! Michelle Finn

    ReplyDelete
  4. "If You Want Me To" by Ginny Owens is another amazing song relevant to the subject

    ReplyDelete