Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Be Careful what you pray for, it might hurt as it helps

Yesterday afternoon, Dale McGinnis told his daughter that He loved her and then followed a man into eternity.
Dale met Jesus Christ.
And I am sorry but I miss him.

He was more than just a father, more than a church attender.
He was my friend.

He, more than almost anyone, was there every time I needed him.

After a difficult season of ministry, on my anniversary, Dale paid for a night in his cottages in Longbeach. This included roses for my wife and a gift certificate to the best restaurant in Longbeach.
He was one of the few who even remembered our special day.
It encouraged our hearts that someone actually loved us that way.

After five + years of my wife's pain from our accident, she was so unhealthy from bronchitis as pain will do. Dale again came to our rescue offering us three weeks at his house in Lake Havasu Arizona. That three weeks rejuvenated a weary couple and for those of you who have been touched by newLife, it was Dales love for Debra and I that kept me in the ministry.

Again, after a difficult season of ministry, my family was living in the upper house (its been torn down) Dale came to visit one day and noticed how bad it was, one week later he stopped by and offered to build us a house. Dale arraigned the financing through a friend, helped me find and then hire a man to do much of the building, and guided me all the way. Dale did all of the finishing work. And it was done in three months because Dale wanted us to be in our new home by Christmas Eve.

Dale would not accept any money, but told me that if He died, he wanted to make sure that I would keep his girls going in the right direction towards God.

All he got from me was unconditional love.

He loved me though I was not his family.
He loved me though I was not able to do much for him.
He loved me...............and i miss him

But yesterday He met Jesus and was loved like He has never been, and for that, I could not be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment