Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Face of Janae

Yesterday I got a response to a blog post on the services Sunday from Janae and the first thing that came to me was immediate Joy. Not that she commented, but that she is a part of our church. When I see names or even people, I see their face. Truth be told one of three things happen.

#1 I Feel Nothing. I don't know them and so my thoughts are blank. For me it doesn't matter what they wear, how many tattoos, or how they are shaped. I don't know them so nothing comes to me. (Judgemental people never feel nothing)

#2 I Feel Sick. I know them and so my thoughts are busy. Will they be negative, will they be critical, will they whine. Have they forgiven me, have I forgiven them, and more importantly has Jesus forgiven them. Because I know them and they have either been antagonistic or opportunistic towards me or mine, part of me wants to hurl.

#3 I Feel Joy. I know them and their Amazing. While not perfect, there is love in their hearts. I see it in the way they worship, I see it in the way they love, I see it in the way they live. Janae is a happy person towards me, always an encouragement. When I hear her name or see her face, I immediately feel joy. She is a happy part of my life.

Now I realize that not everyone will respond this way. Some people are just bitter blamers who don't want to see anyone in a positive light. To them everyone is a #1 and a #2. But right now in my life, there are way more #3's.

and it brings me to this question....................

Does my face bring #3's to others?
When my name is mentioned are people encouraged?
When my face is seen are their hearts filled with joy?
Or do they feel nothing because I haven't gotten to know them or even worse, do they know me and because of my attitude towards them they feel sick around me?

Maybe today our prayer needs to be to have the Face of Janae.

If you know a person who feels nothing about you, introduce yourself.
If you know a person is feels sick about you, seek forgiveness.
If you know a person is happy around you, call them and let appreciate them more.

Today the goal is to be a #3.

1 John 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

And by the way, if someone comes to you to be #3, don't be #1 or #2

No comments:

Post a Comment