Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Monday, July 28, 2014

I Love Ya Tomorrow

Soon after I graduated from high school I decided to go to college. I desired a higher education which is really a lie because what I really wanted was to get out of Astoria and Party with my friends. My Father, who is the wisest man I have ever known, caught wind of this and he worked very hard to talk me out of it.

He knew that I would fail so he made me an offer he thought that I could not refuse. He offered me his 1979 Ford F 250 Ranger Lariat with a brand new motor in it. It was a beautiful truck. But NOOOOOOO I was too smart for him and went to college anyway.

So after four months, $7,000, and going to two classes I came home. I did so fully believing that Dad would give me the truck to heal my pain. Nope, Nada, Denied. All I got was a cross look and a job in the woods.

I've never forgotten that epic failure. It stands as the first of many really stupid decisions in my life. But something happened this week that changed all of that. After 33 years of suffering, God provided me the opportunity to purchase a 1979 Ford F-150 very similar to the one I lost. Its not the same, but its close enough to heal the hurt of another failure in my life.

While some may wonder if this was a God thing or just a break, I believe its a gift from God and this isn't the first time He healed my past mistakes.

I see this gift of grace every time I see Brea Leanne as through my granddaughter I am experiencing a life I was too busy to experience with my own children.

I see this gift of grace every time I go to church and am surrounded by some of the most amazing people in my entire life, encouraging me that there is no longer any such thing as cranky old church ladies but a people of Love and Life.

I see this gift of grace every time Debra wakes up as our life together just gets better and better.

I have failed at times to take the best opportunities of life, but God often brings my failure around and by His love and grace gives me another shot.

I know that its not always the same, but another round is always appreciated.

God always offers us a second chance, its called "Tomorrow"

Lamentations 3:21-23 (ESV)
21 But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:
22 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.




No comments:

Post a Comment