Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

It Shows and I admit it

It only took one run down the baseline and Pop! Must have been one of two things...
a torn tendon or the Voice of God. I think its both. But as an old friend used to say, it is what it is.
He also said something else similar but I shouldn't repeat it. Something about polishing and excrement.

But its time to let the Young Men be Young Men.
Their stronger, faster, and yes better.

And to admit that Old men need to be Old men.
Even the Jews of the OT knew when to take the older men out of the fight and place them into a new role.
We are smarter, wiser, and much more humble. (remember I am not too old to be wise enough to not play sports, but I am a learner). And we can offer so much to them.

We can help them improve their marriages
We can help them make wise decisions with families
We can help them create more Godly homes.
or We can simply be a safe ear for them to confess sin, seek council, or comfort them in weakness.

I am so proud of the young men God has brought to newLife. There is so much potential in them evidenced by how successful they are in the secular world. But the one thing that they are all lacking is the help of the older men.

And as of today, I have hung up my cleats, given my son my paintball gun, picked up a book on how to succeed by surrounding yourself with the best, and I am going to battle for them in prayer.

Its Time

Proverbs 20:29 The glory of young men is their strength, but the splendor of old men is their gray hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment