Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Monday, August 4, 2014

What Makes YOU Different?

There is a very sad trend that I am noticing in Christianity that I am struggling with. Its not something that you could say was Cultural or even distinctly American but in fact its very human. What makes this trend so dangerous is that I believe that its core is what makes the difference between being Human and being Christian. Its what truly separates us from non believers in Jesus.

For years I was taught that separation was from certain places, people, and activities. You have to listen to a specific type of music, wear an extremely modest type of clothing, act in a righteous type of way. Yet, I found that most of those who separated this way were not different but weird and given enough time most of them went back to being worldly.

The Trend? Selfishness. People are very selfish. This is what separates the believer from the none believer. A Believer is Selfless, Giving, Sacrificial. He would never want to be seen as self serving. I know non believers who listen to "Godly Music", wear "Modest Clothing", and act "Righteously". But I know only a few believers who are Selfless.

Many Believers choose the best CHURCH for THEM
Many Believers desire the best MINISTRIES for THEM
Many Believers give the best of their MONIES to THEM
Many Believers take the most TIME for THEM.

Choices, Honor, Money, and Time are what those who are not followers of Jesus worship. But on a Sunday Morning its not hard to find believers acting selfish even though..............

God is a Giver ~ John 3:16
Jesus is a Giver ~ Luke 9:42
The Holy Spirit is a Giver ~ John 14-16

and they expect those who claim to be followers to be like them

Matthew 16:24-25 (ESV) Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

and so the question becomes, if the Trinity showed up on Sunday, what would they find you doing? Separating yourself by being selfless and serving Him, or being no different than those who are not followers and serving You?


No comments:

Post a Comment