Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Thursday, August 14, 2014

A Woman to Look Up To

It is my hope that all of the Gracie's of newLife are able to grow up seeing their true value to the Kingdom of God. And I am excited because they do not have to look far to find a woman to look up to.

And there is one I want to write about. She is so much the proverbs 31 woman. I know this because of what I see in her husband Proverbs 31:11 (ESV) The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. 


But some might see her as unsubmissive and her husband as a kept man.
Some might see her as too strong and her husband as too weak.

Which is strange because in all of the years I have been her Pastor, I have never once seen her be unsubmissive to her husband, nor have I seen her husband be weak. What I see is a woman who holds her head up high and who holds her husband in high esteem by being the strong woman he was attracted to when he met her.

In fact she is harder on herself than you could ever be and it has taken years to help her see that her strength is not a weakness to the kingdom of God but a gift.

When I see her, I see a woman who Loves and serves God with all of her heart.
When I see her, I see a woman who Loves and serves her husband with all of her heart.
When I see her, I see a woman who Loves and serves her children with all of her heart.
When I see her, I see a woman who Loves and serves newLife with all of her heart.

She is a woman to look up to and its only those intimated and insecure who might look down. How sad that they cannot see that they could be so much more if they would just lift up their eyes and see her as the godly woman she is.

Proverbs 31:30-31 (ESV)
30 Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates.



Gracie, Keep Looking Up

No comments:

Post a Comment