Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Let Him Have It


In this passage we find Daniel a slave in a foreign land. A slave not because of his own failures, but the failures of others. There, Daniels new king had a dream that required an interpreter, but the king asked for it to be interpreted without any information. Because no one could answer the kings dream all the wise men, Daniel included, were to be killed. Again, not of Daniels fault but something he must face anyway.
 
and this made me think about how many times things happen in our lives that are totally out of our control. The Failure of our economy, the Fighting of wars against others aggression, and something as simple as the business your working for failing.
 
Yet we try so hard to control uncontrollable situation. God in Daniel chapter 2 shows us how Daniel handled it, and maybe today he can help you as well.

 #1 There was Challenge in Daily Life
Daniel 2:10-11 (ESV)10 The Chaldeans answered the king and said, “There is not a man on earth who can meet the king’s demand, for no great and powerful king has asked such a thing of any magician or enchanter or Chaldean. 11 The thing that the king asks is difficult, and no one can show it to the king except the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh.”
The king was asking the impossible and when the impossible was not possible the unthinkable happened. And there was nothing anyone on EARTH could do about it.

and this happens every day in our lives. Every day we face impossible challenges that cause unthinkable things to occur. We learn we have cancer, we are left by a loved one, we lose a job we worked hard at and can't find another.

and do you know what I do with the Challenges of Daily life? The same as most of us.
I try and handle it in my own power. Emotionally, Physically and even religiously.
But some challenges are bigger than our abilities.

#2 There was a Spiritual Calling
Daniel 2:17-19 (ESV) 17 Then Daniel went to his house and made the matter known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions, 18 and told them to seek mercy from the God of heaven concerning this mystery, so that Daniel and his companions might not be destroyed with the rest of the wise men of Babylon. 19 Then the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision of the night. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.
What did Daniel do when facing an impossible challenge?
He did three things.
             Daniel went to His Friends who had a relationship with God. Vs 17

             Daniel asked them to Seek Mercy from God for him and others like him Vs 18

             Daniel waited for an Answer. vs 19

This is all we can do and all we are expected to do when things are out of our control.
Seek friends who are believers in God and You. Ask them to seek Mercy from God for all involved, and wait for God to Answer.
Anything else we do will be wasted energy and emotion.

#3 There was a Heavenly Solution
Daniel 2:30 (ESV) 30 But as for me, this mystery has been revealed to me, not because of any wisdom that I have more than all the living, but in order that the interpretation may be made known to the king, and that you may know the thoughts of your mind.
Daniel was not given an answer from God because of his own position with God, but his disposition, but that others may see that only God can make the impossible possible.

So when facing an impossible situation ask yourself these things..........
 
What am I trying to do in my own power?
What has God called me to do?
Whose Glory am I asking it for?

or let me put it this way.
Stop stressing, Start Praying with friends, and Seek Gods Glory and He will show up and save you.

No comments:

Post a Comment