With all of the newer Christians in the church I thought it might be important to share a Five thoughts on what a Mature Christian looks like so that they have something to aspire to and we have something to consider.
1. A Mature Christian Loves Jesus - And EVERY ONE knows it
They know it from your worship, at your work, and the way you carry yourself.
2. A Mature Christian Lives Like Jesus - And EVERY ONE sees it
They see it in your sacrifice and service to others, especially those who are far from God.
3. A Mature Christian Learns About Jesus - And EVERY ONE hears it
They hear it in your conversation. Rather than complaining, they hear you talk about Christ. (Had a GREAT converstation with a young man in the church and he is learning ALOT. By the way, He is a new Christian)
4. A Mature Christian Lets Go Like JEsus - And EVERY ONE feels it
They feel it in the forgiveness on your face and the humility in your heart. Never do they feel bitterness or anger coming from within. (Luke 6:45)
5. A Mature Christian Lifts Like Jesus - And Every One is Touched by it.
They are touched by the sacrifice of your time, talents and treasures. Your service to the church every week makes a difference in thier lives.
In a world obsessed with looking physically younger, the Church ought to place a HIGH value on those who are Spiritually more mature.
and so the question today is,
"What one thing can I do to mature a little today?"