Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Really, Thank You

Over the last several weeks many of you have shared your appreciation for me as your pastor and I want to say that I am thankful, but I must admit, this church is not what it is because of me, but because of you.

Let me explain.
Four years ago Debra and I went on vacation to Idaho. That Sunday we picked a church to visit that I thought would be interesting. From the second we entered we felt welcomed and loved. They were clearly a family and made us feel right at home. And then we heard something that shocked us. They had not had a Pastor for two years and were just getting ready to vote on one.

Why was this shocking? Because they were a strong church even without a Pastor. They were still passionate about Jesus, they were still purposeful in seeing souls saved, and they were still powerful in that they loved God and each other. And while I understand the value of the Pastoral role, because they were such a strong church, they only became greater when they added their new Pastor.

The Best Churches don't have the Best Pastors, but the Best People.
When Jesus Christ is the head of the people, its a great Church.

I know that I am valued and loved by this congregation, but I know you value and love Jesus more than me.

Thank You for loving God and Thank you for loving Others.
I appreciate those of you who follow Jesus and make this church about Him.

3 comments:

  1. yah but god did give us a realy good example

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.
    Proverbs 13:10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though our church may not be the way it is because of you. The church people are and we are what makes up the church. For the last 14 years you have loved us, cared for us, forgiven us, no matter what we have said or done. But I do know that we would not be the family that we are today without your guidance. I know that if you were not there my daughter would not be the me that she is today.

    I thank you for being there to show us that God really does care.

    ReplyDelete