Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Real?

The essence of spirituality is contained in this phrase:
complete and utter abandonment to the will of God.”
Jean-Pierre De Caussade

I have to admit, I am struggling a bit.
While I love seeing what is happening in the lives of newLife members.
      The Joy of Jesus expressed so honestly.
      The Love of Jesus exposed so openly.
      The Hope of Jesus shared so powerfully.

But there are things that still hinder us.
For years I thought it was religion, but I think that its more than that.

What do I think is standing in my way? Fear.
Fear of what I do not know, understand, or control. (Religion makes me feel free)

While I desire freedom in my life through Christ, I don't really know what that looks like and while I think that I am willing to give myself totally to the will of God, my fear keeps me back.

What about you? What is keeping you from complete and utter abandonment to God's will?

No comments:

Post a Comment