Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Faith is ............

This thought has been heavy on my mind as of late. As a Pastor its a daily word. I use it in my prayer time, my people time, my preparation time, and in my personal time. Yet, its not easy to define. I know that its a substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen, and by it the elders proved their belief in God. and this morning it came to me through the back door.

Faith is not Security
Helen Keller once said: "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."

Every time I think I'm in control, circumstances remind me how silly I'm being. I can't control the outcomes of a meeting. I can't control the weather. I can't control the events of my day and I certainly can't control people. and I know I can't control God.

So maybe faith is Courage.
The courage to obey the word of God when I would rather seek whats best for me.
The courage to believe the word of God even when I would rather believe what I feel.
The courage to live the word of God even when I would rather follow the dictates of my heart.

As a human I seek security and believe comfort is best.
As a Christian I seek obedience and believe faith is best.

So this morning pray with me, God give me courage to live by faith and share with me what God is asking you to do by faith.
Let's Pray together!

No comments:

Post a Comment