Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

DONT GET A FLU SHOT

I was doing a study on the word Influence the other morning and came upon an amazing thought.

Websters Dictionary says that influence is a Heavenly fluid held to flow from the stars and to affect the actions of humans.

Aytos dictionary of word origins says that it is an astrological term coined in medieval Latin to describe a fluid that was given off by the stars that would affect human life.

To which the English came up with the word Influenza which was applied in the early 1900's as a flu epidemic devastated Europe. When this flu hit, they believed that the flu was caused by the stars.

Those affected by the virus believed that their lives were influenced by the stars.
That the epidemic came from the atmosphere.

I really don't care if you get a flu shot or not. at least for the flu. But I do care about whether or not our church influences our community.

We do that by being the Stars we are called to be.
Philippians 2:15 (KJV) That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Jesus himself said this about the flu
Matthew 5:14-16 (KJV) Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

and while there are many churches that are just sick. (They have a Negative flu bug)
We want to be the kind of church that influences others in the Right way.

We want to be that light.

So today, how can you influence your home, job, school and community as they see your heavenly works, so that you give people the bug (Jesus)?

Don't be a Christian that's only influence is one of sickness or selfishness.
Share your Jesus bug with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment