Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Something to think about Church

As I sat in a room filled with Harley Davidson Employees I learned somethings that should make Christians Jealous.

#1 The Employees of HD believe in their product.
#2 The Employees of HD believed in Hard Work to create their product.
#3 The Employees of HD believed that Tradition was worth keeping.
#4 The Employees of HD believed that new technologies were worth trying.
#5 The Employees of HD believed that family was important.
#6 The Employees of HD believed in having fun.
#7 The Employees of HD believed in Living for the Weekend.
#8 The Employees of HD believed in living to live.

Everyone we met, loved their job, loved their Harley's, and loved their lives.
They believed that they were the luckiest people on the planet and made you jealous that you were not a Harley Davidson Employee.

After spending a few days with them, I wanted to quit my job, move to Milwaukee and work for Harley Davidson.
What if our church believed in the Church the same way the HD Employees believed in their company?
What if we so loved the church, the church that Jesus gave Himself for, that we made people jealous that they were not a part of it?
What if we so loved our life in Christ that it bothered people that they did not serve the same God?

I believe the "Church" is the Hope of the world, not Harley Davidson.
and if you believe that too, join me in making people want to have what only those who know Christ have.

Peace, Power, and a Clear Purpose to live an Abundant Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment