Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Anticipation

Today, I am Blank, Empty, Filled with Nothing
and just a short time ago I thought this was a bad thing.

But its not.
It means my mind is rested, literally at peace.
It means my heart is secure, nothing to fear.
It means my life is anticipating what God has for me today.

Don't get me wrong, I have issues going on in my life, some pretty heavy, but today they are not mine, I gave them to Him.

20 days on the Harley taught me that its OK to focus on nothing but the road ahead.
To shut out all that's going on behind me and if I need to apply some throttle to get farther away, it only makes the trip more exciting.
Oh I know what's behind me, I'm not ignoring it, but I choose not to focus on it.
Its Hard to ride a Harley looking backwards.
Its a much better ride if I spend most of my time anticipating what is over that next hill, corner, or even a long straight stretch. Good or bad.

What does God have for you today?
What will you see if you spend it anticipating His work in your life?
What will you miss if you never get up and Ride?

Today, I have nothing in front of me but open Road. It's gonna be a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment