Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Letter from PRob to newLife

Hey newLife, there are five things I would like to share with you today.

#1 Sundays Song service was off, way off, but I want you to know what happened because of it.
As I was preparing to preach, the Lord gently spoke to my heart and reminded me of this.
While our Worship is important, He is truly interested in our hearts and has the ability to discern even in discordant tones the truth of our heart.
Meaning: Just Preach and let me do the rest.
I did and so did He.

#2 Life Groups were awesome. I have heard that they were attended better than the service. (something that were going to have to fix) I also heard that the spirit of each one was very positive and upbeat about Jesus and His Church.

#3 We have changed without the leadership making any changes. There is something different about the people that God is bringing to our church. As those who have attended for years are loving God and loving others we are attracting the same. It's an interesting transition that has occurred through a change in our culture. Awesome.

#4 Debra is doing well and I have never seen an outpouring of love from this congregation for her, especially from people who barely know her. Special thanks to Adam and Khayla, Elsie, Ralph and Randy, Rob and Heather, and Malcolm and Darcy. Your Concern and care for her has encouraged not only her but myself. I Love people who Love People.

#5 Last Sunday a young lady came to our church for one reason. She was told that she would be loved here. She is young, bright, yet hurting from life. And from the second she entered this building, people reached out to her in love. She came back again on Thursday night and was loved. But Sunday came and she was not here. While my heart was broken I know this, no one can run from Love. We desire it, crave it, want it. No matter where she is, her experience in two services was this. Her past may be Loss, but here, her present is Love. If you would pray for her today, the young lady, that God would heal her hurting heart and show her the Love He has shown us.

Thank you for the awesome day and I will be Praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment